TMV & Backflow Prevention Services
Wurtulla Plumbing and Drainage can Assist You in Protecting the Communities Health with Backflow Prevention Devices.
We Offer Installation, Repair and Mandatory Programmed Maintenance Checks and Certification.
Examples of properties requiring backflow prevention services
- Motels, Hotels and unit complexes
- Vehicle repair workshops
- Shops And Restaurants
- Caravan parks
- Medical and dental surgeries
- Car and plant washing facilities
- Dry cleaners and laundries
- Hospitals and funeral parlours
- Club houses, Schools
- Day care centres and kindergartens
- Pest control and water carrying vehicles
- Backflow Protection For Public gardens
Backflow Prevention Sunshine Coast
Our team also provide backflow plumbing services in North Brisbane. You can contact us for advice or to book an appointment with one of our plumbers by contacting us today.
About Backflow Prevention. Council is required to keep a register as per the following:
Standard Plumbing and Drainage Regulation
2003 Section 38 – Testable backflow prevention devices
- A local government must implement and maintain a program for its local government area for the registration, maintenance and testing of testable backflow prevention devices installed in the area.
- The local government, or an entity authorised by the local government, must keep a register of the testable backflow prevention devices.
- An owner of an installed testable backflow prevention device must-
- register the device with the local government or entity; and
- at least once each year, have the device inspected or tested by a person who is licenced to do the work.
- A person who inspects or tests a testable backflow prevention device must, within 10 business days after inspecting or testing the device, give the local government written results of the inspection or test.
Licenced Backflow Prevention Plumbers
Ensure the licenced plumber has the appropriate endorsement to undertake such work. Backflow prevention is a specialised plumbing service. You should only hire an experienced provider who is certified to carry out such work.
Council Annual fee
This is an administration fee to cover the costs to maintain an up-to-date register. For additional information please visit your local Council’s website.
Backflow Prevention - Where to start
Backflow prevention starts within a property boundary by isolating a possible contamination source from the town mains or storage tanks (rainwater tanks) from the tap or appliance.
Examples of potential source of contamination:
- Fire Hose Reels (FHR)
- Swimming pools
- Vehicle maintenance pits
- Ornamental ponds
- Air conditioning towers
- Vehicle/bin washing bays
- Chemical injection areas
Registration of backflow prevention devices
- All water supply systems intended for human consumption, food preparation, utensil washing or oral hygiene must be safeguarded from contact with contaminated water.
- This applies to water services connected to rainwater tanks, council’s main water supply and/or alternative water supplies. A water supply should not be offensive in appearance, taste or odour.
- Backflow prevention is the term used to prevent the reverse flow of water from a potentially polluted or contaminated source into drinking and bathing water supply systems.
- By installing a backflow prevention device this risk can be managed.
- There are a number of backflow prevention devices available to suit any particular situation.
(Source: Unity Water Sunshine Coast, QLD)
Get Plumbing Help
Our plumbing services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. When you need immediate plumbing solutions, give Wurtulla Plumbing & Drainage a call on (07) 5491 6746/ 0405 333 221, or click button below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Even though we provide second-to-none quality of service, our rates are still competitive and reasonable. So whenever you have a plumbing problem, call us and we’ll be there right away.